Nov 12, 2012

Testing snimation skills

Hey there guys!!

Wanted to bring something new to this place, and since I have some 
animation tests, I wanted to bring them little by little.

What you see here is one of the animation test I made two years ago for a project I had in mind. The technique, for those who don't know it, is called Rotoscoping.

I found this explanation on Wikipedia (oddly):

Rotoscoping is an animation technique in which animators trace over footage, frame by frame, for use in live-action and animated films. Originally, recorded live-action film images were projected onto a frosted glass panel and re-drawn by an animator. This projection equipment is called a rotoscope, although this device has been replaced by computers in recent years. In the visual effects industry, the term rotoscoping refers to the technique of manually creating a matte for an element on a live-action plate so it may be composited over another background.

You can find a lot of ways to make it, the one I used is the one I discovered, I know that is very sure some else did it this way before me, but, by the time I did it, I didn't even knew the name of the technique, so, yeah, I'm kinda slow...

it's very simple, I recorded myself doing this movement, then I uploaded all the 46 frames to Photoshop, in order as layers, then i just had to draw every frame, eliminate the video frames and then save as Gif. document, then you just have to adjust some stuff about the speed of every frame and some basics, save and Here you go!






And for those who wonder how do I take all the flesh leaving my hand bones outside...
I just didn't, yeah, I haven't learned how to do that... yet, I managed to create every bone from the form of the hand and having some refferences from anatomy books, I'm very proud of the result =)

Hope u like it people!! =D

More of this soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment